Here is a list of the five positives I have taken away from the 2008 Minnesota Wild Season:
- The emergence of Mikko Koivu as a bona fide star.
- The continued development of Brent Burns into a top tier NHL Defenseman.
- The defining of Stephane Veilleux as a "Grinder."
- The play of Todd Fedoruk as both a "Scorer" as well as a "Heavyweight."
These are the five biggest negatives that I have taken away from the 2008 Minnesota Wild Season:
- Marian Gaborik not showing up for the NHL Playoffs.
- The Minnesota Wild losing in the first round of the NHL Playoffs.
- Pavol Demitra playing below expectations.
- Niklas Backstrom coming back to earth and simply playing above average.
- Doug Riseborough not doing what it takes to improve the team at the trading deadline.