St. Louis Blues 5-3 Minnesota Wild
I'm just beyond frustrated. When the team should be ramping up and putting it together, they're playing some of their worst defensive and offensive hockey in years.
Hockey Wilderness Three Stars
- Brad Boyes (1 G, 1 A)
- Andrew Brunette (1 G, 1 A)
- T.J. Oshie (2 A)
Questions to Answer
- Can Sheppard and Bouchard put together another nice game? They played ok, but couldn't get into the box score.
- Will the defense pick up their mistakes from last night? Absolutely not. Johnsson was miserable and the rest of the team made too many errors down low, letting the Blues own the crease.
- Do the Wild continue to play the body well, as they have this entire last month? They played a good physical game, but unfortunately it didn't matter much.
- Will the WCHA-heavy Blues continue their hot-streak to the playoffs? They certainly do.
- Can the team finally win one in regulation? Nope.
- St. Louis was 3-for-7 on the power play after going 7-for-53 in its last 15 games.
- Backstrom played in his 59th game of the season, breaking the team record of 58 set by Manny Fernandez in 2005-06 and tied by Backstrom last season.
The Game In Pictures