Minnesota Wild (36-32-9) vs. Calgary Flames (44-27-6)
Pengrowth Saddledome @ 9:00 CST
Television: KSTC (12/45)
Listen live on WCCO.com, or locally at 830 AM
For the Flames perspective, check out Matchsticks and Gasoline
Miettinen - Koivu - Brunette
Boyd - Jokinen - Iginla
- Calgary had a 10-point lead over Vancouver on March 6. Going 5-8-0 since then has put them in 2nd place.
- Bouchard, Burns and Boogaard are still all out.
- Miikka Kiprusoff has 24 wins over the Wild, most of any goaltender.
- Calgary has won 10 of the last 11 matchups and is 22-4-2 against Minnesota since Nov. 1, 2005.
- The Wild lose, and they are essentially out. As they trail eighth-place St. Louis by four points in the West.
Questions to Answer
- There were about 2500 no-shows against Vancouver, will tonight be better?
- Do the Flames fight for their Northwest Division lives?
- Will Gaborik continue to showcase himself for a nice, fat contract?
- Can the Wild find the back of the net and keep us hanging on?
- Should I have the giant bratwurst tonight or the pulled pork sandwich?