Hello again, Wilderness readers. We had a few suggestions for a playoff bracket challenge, with the winner getting the ultimate prize of bragging rights and a sweet title, which has yet to be determined.
I have put together a bracket, which you can download HERE: Playoff Bracket Excel Sheet
The bracket was created in Excel. I set it to work with previous versions of Excel, so hopefully that is not an issue. I hear the question already, so let's address it now. "But, Buddha, I don't have Excel, what do I do now?" First, you should probably get a copy. It's 2010, Excel should be basic software. Download a free trial from Microsoft or something. If you just cannot muster the strength to use Excel, send me an email with your selections typed out by round, and make sure you list the number of games each series is going to last
The final rankings of the teams is nowhere near close to set, so take the sheet as it is, in today's format. I will post a final bracket when things sort themselves out, or feel free to update your bracket as the teams shift positions. Just make sure that you wait to turn in your bracket until the rankings are final.
1. Fill out your bracket as you would any other.
2. Inside each bracket, you will notice the word "games." Fill in how many games you believe each series will run. This will be the tie breaker should it be needed.
3. Make sure you list your Hockey Wilderness username so we can properly crown the champion.
4. Brackets will be due by April 17th, at noon, Central Time. This is three days into the playoffs. This should be plenty of time for everyone to set their brackets. No brackets will be accepted after the deadline.
5. Submissions are to be made to my email address, which can be accessed by clicking on the little envelope next to my name below. Please use a subject line of "Hockey Wilderness Playoff Bracket Challenge" or something similar. If I do not get your bracket, it will be considered the fault of leprechauns and apologies will not be made.
Rule violations will result in the rule breaker having to take Darcy Hordichuk in as a foster child, and subject to unending ridicule for cheating in a contest with no actual prize.
A couple disclaimers. First, there is no cost, none whatsoever to join this contest. As a result of that, there is absolutely no prize, except that you win. If that isn't enough, tell your spouse, kids, mom, or boss to go buy you something shiny. Tell them I said you deserve it.
Enjoy the contest, folks. I cannot wait to crown the champion. Please, put your ideas for the champions title in the comment section. Hope you are all ready for this.