Over the past two days, the Wild have released a bit of news. None of them justified their own post, but with a cumulative effect, they seem to add up to news you need to know, so here is all the news:
1. Wild single game tickets go on sale on Saturday, at 9 AM at the X, and noon at all Ticketmaster outlets. You cannot be first in line as a man named Allen Dick from Coon Rapids is already in line. Impressive, sir.
2. The Wild will be hosting a media meet and greet with Mikko Koivu, Matt Cullen, Eric Nystrom, and John Madden tomorrow at noon. While conference calls were held after each contract was announced, none of these players have met with the local media (as a whole) since signing their new deals.
More news, after the jump.
3. The ice is, indeed, in at the Xcel Energy Center. Lines have been painted, the rink flooded, and ice has formed. The players will have an informal, completely optional, skate prior to the media meet and greet listed above. It is not open to the public.
4. There will be a "State of Hockey" celebration at the Mall of America on September 12th, in the Best Buy rotunda and Sears court. It will run from 11Am to 7PM, with WCCO radio broadcasting live from 3 to 5 PM. Matt Cullen will sign autographs from 2 to 3, and Eric Nystrom will do the same from 3 to 4.
5. The Wild will launch their second annual used gear drive, sponsored by Let's Play Hockey. The first location will be at the celebration listed above, also:
The drop-off locations include the following arenas: Burnsville, Woodbury, Super Rink (Blaine), Eden Prairie, Plymouth, Lakeville, Bloomington, Eagan, Highland (St. Paul), St. Thomas (Mendota Heights), Stillwater, Cottage Grove, Maple Grove, Apple Valley, White Bear Lake, Braemar (Edina), Buffalo, North St. Paul, Tartan (Oakdale) and Minnetonka. Westwood Sports (Bloomington and Apple Valley) and Boehm’s (Mendota Heights and St. Paul) are also drop-off locations.
In addition, Xcel Energy Center will have drop-off boxes stationed on top of the Xcel Energy Center Box Office for the Wild’s pre-season game on Thursday, Sept. 22. Fans bringing in a piece of equipment on Sept. 22 will receive a discount voucher for any Wild 2010-2011 regular season home game. Vouchers must be redeemed in person at the Xcel Energy Center box office.
Those who wish to donate at the SOH celebration will recieve a discount voucher for any Wild home game.
That seems to be about it right now. Not for on-ice news, but training camp does kick off next weekend, so there is that to look forward to. Everyone get your lawn work out of the way, and make sure your kids are tied up... I mean, um... entertained. It's almost hockey season again.