Ok folks, time to let the first win sink in before the stupid 11:00 start on Monday. Here are some of the recaps from yesterday's big 4-2 win. I'm doing this at midnight, so obviously I won't have them all and I'll miss some things, but I am heading to the zoo with my girls tomorrow, so please share some of the things that come out later in the comments.
- Wild's new look is a winner | StarTribune.com Well, that was easy. Now if the Wild can get 81 more like Saturday night's breeze of an opener, this team may actually be destined for something special.
- Post Game Notes vs. Columbus - Minnesota Wild - News LW Dany Heatley and RW Devin Setoguchi each scored a goal in their first game with Minnesota, C Matt Cullen scored 1:10 into the contest, and D Marco Scandella notched his first NHL goal, as the Wild won another home opener, 4-2, over the Columbus Blue Jackets
- Five Takeaways vs. Columbus - Minnesota Wild - Features The Minnesota Wild is automatic in home openers at Xcel Energy Center (we don’t count last year’s "home" opener in Helsinki, but we definitely count the first game against Edmonton at home last year, which was a win), but this one felt veeeerrrry different from previous home opening victories.
- Top Line Shines As Wild Open Season With a 4-2 Win | Wild Blog - KFAN Sports Radio FM 100.3 - The Fan Showcasing the effects of multiple personnel moves made during the offseason paired with the new coaching style of first-year coach Mike Yeo, the Wild put on a clinic for the home crowd en route to a 4-2 victory
- Heatley leads Wild to 4-2 win over Blue Jackets - NHL - Yahoo! Sports Dany Heatley didn't take long to make an impact for Minnesota, giving his new team a power-play goal and an assist in a 4-2 season-opening victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night. Heatley, acquired in a summer trade with San Jose, gave the Wild a 3-0 lead when he one-timed a pass threaded into slot traffic by Pierre-Marc Bouchard midway through the second period
- New top line helps lead Wild to victory over Blue Jackets in opener | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities – Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) Big things are expected from Dany Heatley, Mikko Koivu and Devin Setoguchi this season. The trio did not disappoint in their first regular-season game together.