For the Phoenix perspective, please visit Five For Howling
This team just keeps on keeping on. Outshot badly, but it doesn't matter because they keep the opposition's quality chances to a minimum and take advantage of their own opportunities. Tonight it was the power play, scoring three times (Kyle Brodziak, Mikko Koivu and Dany Heatley) for the first time since 10/19/10 against the Canucks and the first time on the road since 3/25/09 against the Islanders.
The special teams were stellar tonight. Power play went three for four, penalty kill went four for four. The forecheck was aggressive, creating turnovers and pressuring the Coyotes. The goaltending was spectacular and the most important thing is that the Wild kept winning.
The Bennett's Chop & Railhouse of the Game:
- Kyle Brodziak (2 G)
- Niklas Backstrom (35 saves)
- Mikko Koivu (1 G, 1 A)
Remember, when you begin and end your night at Bennett's, you're the star! Easy parking, drink and food specials and a free shuttle to and from the Xcel Energy Center. Check them out athttp://bennettschopandrailhouse.com/.
- Wild getting help from all over. Who steps up tonight? Kyle Brodziak with two goals.
- The sweep of Cali is complete, now can they complete the Pacific sweep? Boom. Roasted.
- Backstrom back. Is he rusty? Shutout until 3:57 left in the game. 35 saves. Not bad Nik.
- This is game 30. Are we there yet? 20 wins in 30 games. I'd say so.
- Will Dany's Turtleneck continue to bring luck? Extending the scoring streak. Long live the turtleneck.