For the Nashville perspective, please visit On the Forecheck.
This was a pure and utter embarrassment for team this close to the playoffs. An absolute lack of effort at this point in the season is simply unacceptable. Obviously I am not the one they answer to, but with the chemistry we were told they had, you would think they would come out and play for each other. They didn't tonight, that's for sure.
The only one on the ice with a white sweater on that deserves any level of credit is the guy who gets saddled with the three goals against, none of which he had a chance at. Without Niklas Backstrom, this game easily could have been five or six to nothing rather than just four.
Once the first period ended, you could see the Preds let off the gas, fall back into a prevent defense and simply stifle any chance the Wild had. All of the credit in the world to the Predators for a game well played.
As for the Wild, this sums it up perfectly, so I'll just leave it at that.
Hockey Wilderness Three Stars
- Which Finnish goaltender comes out with the W? Rinne. Easily, too.
- One point separates them in the standings. Who wants it more? Certainly not the Wild. Played like they we allergic to effort.
- Does Latendresse get involved in the offense tonight? Nope.
- Big games breed rivalries. Could one start tonight? No way.No physicality, no effort, no nothing.
- Which Finnish goalie really is better? At least tonight, it was Rinne.