The Edmonton Oilers have a huge amount of young talent in the stable, and having two first round picks this year will only add to that. A good balance of prospects allowed them to take the best available prospect, rather than worrying about need. The community chose Oscar Klefbom, a player that has received a handful of mentions in the comments as we have moved along.
We shall see how it works out.
1. Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche: Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida Panthers: Adam Larsson
4. New Jersey Devils: Sean Couturier
5. New York Islanders: Jonathan Huberdeau
6. Ottawa Senators: Ryan Strome
7. Winnipeg: Mika Zibanejad
8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Dougie Hamilton
9. Boston Bruins: Ryan Murphy
10. Minnesota Wild: Sven Bartschi
11. Colorado Avalanche: Duncan Siemens
12. Carolina Hurricanes: Mark McNeill
13. Calgary Flames: Joel Armia
14. Dallas Stars: Zack Phillips
15. New York Rangers: Mark Scheifele
16. Buffalo Sabres: Nathan Beaulieu
17. Montreal Canadiens: Jamie Oleksiak
18. Chicago Blackhawks: Brandon Saad
19. Edmonton Oilers: Oscar Kelfbom
Up next, one of my favorite NHL franchises, the Phoenix Coyotes. Make the jump and help the Yotes make their pick. If you are coming to town for the draft, check out our visitors guide HERE. Also, check out all of our draft coverage here:
You want some talent in an organization? Look no further than the Coyotes. Brandon Gormley, Mikkel Boedker, and Mark Visentin lead their prospects, and they still have guys like Viktor Tikhonov, and Brett MacLean who aren;t as highly ranked and still better than most franchises' prospects.
The Coyotes have made a couple of nice playoff pushes recently, costing them some prime draft position, but shrewd changes and great drafting have allowed them to maintain a solid prospect pool all while winning games at the same time. Must be nice.
The Yotes get the twentieth pick this year, and they have the chance to nab some highly rated talent still. Cast your vote, and make your case in the comments.