The Pittsburgh Penguins are the second team to go off the board in our little mock draft. With some tight collaboration with the group over at Pensburgh, the Pittsburgh Penguins have reached just off the list, to a player that was nearly included on yesterday's poll, but at the last minute was removed.
With the 23rd pick, the Penguins have fake selected Rocco Grimaldi, a center in the USDTP. A bit of a gamble, but not a stretch by any means.
With the selection the mock draft looks like this:
1. Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche: Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida Panthers: Adam Larsson
4. New Jersey Devils: Sean Couturier
5. New York Islanders: Jonathan Huberdeau
6. Ottawa Senators: Ryan Strome
7. Winnipeg: Mika Zibanejad
8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Dougie Hamilton
9. Boston Bruins: Ryan Murphy
10. Minnesota Wild: Sven Bartschi
11. Colorado Avalanche: Duncan Siemens
12. Carolina Hurricanes: Mark McNeill
13. Calgary Flames: Joel Armia
14. Dallas Stars: Zack Phillips
15. New York Rangers: Mark Scheifele
16. Buffalo Sabres: Nathan Beaulieu
17. Montreal Canadiens: Jamie Oleksiak
18. Chicago Blackhawks: Brandon Saad
19. Edmonton Oilers: Oscar Kelfbom
20. Phoenix Coyotes: Thomas Jurco
21. Ottawa Senators: Matthew Puempel
22. Anaheim Ducks: Alexander Khokhlachev
23. Pittsburgh Penguins: Rocco Grimaldi
Next up, the Detroit Red Wings. Make the jump and make your pick.
With the talent of the Red Wings beginning the back stretch of their careers, the Wings could use some good news on the young gun front. Turns out, they've got it. While the Niklas Lidtrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg era may not be over, it is certainly in the twilight. However, players like Brendan Smith, Tomas Tatar, and Calle Jarnkrok, the future looks just as bright.
That sucks for Wild fans hoping the Wild end up in the central division after next season.
Today, we focus on adding to that talent pool, as much as we may not want to. It is the solemn duty of the community to pick for each team. Enjoy.