For the first time in our mock draft, we had a tie. The San Jose Sharks community came by and helped, but could not choose between Joe Morrow and Nicklas Jensen, so it comes to me to settle the dispute. I went with the perfectly objective, not at all stupid manner to settle the dispute. I went with the only guy whose name was mentioned in the comments.
It seems as good a reason as any.
With the 28th pick, the Sharks at Joe Morrow, a defenseman who could one day actually provide... you know... defense for the Sharks. With the pick, our mock looks like this:
1. Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado Avalanche: Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida Panthers: Adam Larsson
4. New Jersey Devils: Sean Couturier
5. New York Islanders: Jonathan Huberdeau
6. Ottawa Senators: Ryan Strome
7. Winnipeg: Mika Zibanejad
8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Dougie Hamilton
9. Boston Bruins: Ryan Murphy
10. Minnesota Wild: Sven Bartschi
11. Colorado Avalanche: Duncan Siemens
12. Carolina Hurricanes: Mark McNeill
13. Calgary Flames: Joel Armia
14. Dallas Stars: Zack Phillips
15. New York Rangers: Mark Scheifele
16. Buffalo Sabres: Nathan Beaulieu
17. Montreal Canadiens: Jamie Oleksiak
18. Chicago Blackhawks: Brandon Saad
19. Edmonton Oilers: Oscar Kelfbom
20. Phoenix Coyotes: Thomas Jurco
21. Ottawa Senators: Matthew Puempel
22. Anaheim Ducks: Alexander Khokhlachev
23. Pittsburgh Penguins: Rocco Grimaldi
24. Detroit Red Wings: Jonas Brodin
25. Toronto Maple Leafs: Ty Rattie
26. Washington Capitals: Steve Mayfield
27. Tampa Bay Lightning: Vladislav Namestnikov
28. San Jose Sharks: Joe Morrow
Up next, those despicable neighbors to the north. The bile filled, loathsome, clearly disgusting... Vancouver Canucks. Make the jump and help them find a new prospect. Perhaps a goalie. Too soon?
The Vancouver Canucks are a damn good team. When you get me to admit that, you know something is up. The problem is, it's true. One win from a Stanley Cup, President's trophy, ridiculous goal differential. Well, a ridiculous goal differential against everyone but the Wild, that is. Oh yeah.
There is no sign they will be getting worse any time soon, either. Cody Hodgson & Jordan Schoeder, among others, will keep the Nucks winning for a long time. At least until the Sedins decide they have fallen down enough times and take their talents to Stockholm.
So... can you swallow the bile and help the Nucks make their pick? Ready... go.