Word from Wild HQ is there is a new, fancy iPhone app to "help fans go Wild."
I love Public Relations.
The app looks to be pretty cool (details in the release after the jump), with ways to order food, in stadium instant replays (very cool), in arena social media, maps of the X, and of course the basics of news and information about the team.
We're not here to shill for the Wild, but if you have an iPhone, go download the app (it's free) and report back, would you? Some of us aren't cool enough to have an iPhone. Or really cool enough to have anything for that matter.
Full release and details. After the jump.
SAINT PAUL, MINN., Jan. 18, 2012 - The Minnesota Wild and AT&T are proud to announce their new Minnesota Wild App for iPhone is now available on the App Store, delivering an interactive experience that fans can enjoy while rooting on their favorite team -- from their seat at the Xcel Energy Center, at home or on the go.
Using the arena's Wi-Fi, the Minnesota Wild App enhances the fan experience during games at Xcel Energy Center with a number of unique features, including:
- Food Ordering: Hungry fans can use this interactive feature to locate vendors throughout the Xcel Energy Center and even place food orders from their seats and be notified by text when their order is ready to be picked up. Xcel Energy Center is the first venue in the Twin Cities market to use this technology.
- Live In-Stadium Instant Replays: Minnesota Wild fans attending a game at the Xcel Energy Center can access instant replays not shown on TV or the center-hung scoreboard.
- Fan Zone: This feature provides integrated social networking that lets users inside the arena join groups, post updates and more.
- Arena Guide: This venue map helps fans find what amenities are near their seats.
Additional features that are available to fans inside or outside the arena include:
- Team Information and News: Sports fans at home and at the Xcel Energy Center can stay on top of their team with a player roster, stats and news right at their fingertips.
- Access to Social Networking Sites: Easy access to the Minnesota Wild on Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare.
- Events Calendar: Fans inside and outside the arena have access to a calendar of sponsored events at the arena.
- MyWildNet: Games, arena information, replays and more can be accessed via the app.
"The Minnesota Wild App allows Wild fans to follow their team at an unprecedented level," said Jim Ibister, Vice President, Facility Administration/General Manager, Saint Paul RiverCentre. "Whether at Xcel Energy Center or at home, fans can stay connected with latest Wild news and statistics at the touch of a fingertip."