Update for 12/15 game-So last night’s game went to a shoot out, which is going to leave the teams pretty tired today. Hopefully the Aeros can pull this one out. Game starts at 11am CST. Sorry for re-using the post from yesterday-completely spaced on the AM game until I realized I had to be at work when it started.
Big game tonight Wilderness. The Aeros take on the baby Hurricanes tonight at 6:00pm CT in Charlotte. This is a pretty fierce battle for first place in the south division. The Checkers won the first match up between these two teams, but this series is a whole different ball game. The Aeros have been red hot lately ,while the Checkers have cooled off losing 6 of the last 8 games. The Aeros are only one point behind the Checkers, with a two game series taking place this weekend.
All the normal IR guys did not make the trip (Chad Rau, Carson McMillian, Jonas Brodin, Steven Kampfer and Brett Bulmer). It also looks like Kris Foucault may be out with an injury, but the Aeros have signed someone to a PTO to take his spot if this is the case. Foucault being out is not good news for the Aeros, but considering that they managed to make due with Granlund and Brodin being out, it’s possible that things will go smoothly.
As for guys to watch, the top scorer for the Checkers is Zach Boychuk (13G, 7A). He has one more goal than the Wilds future second liner Jason Zucker (Suck it JS). Justin Faulk is second in scoring for the Checkers with 20 points (4G, 16A), and the Aeros second leading scorer is Justin Fontaine. Tonight would be a great night for the lovely Little Finn Mikael Granlund to get back into scoring some points.
Radio feed is the same as use, but I will post a link once Joe gets it up. You can also purchase the game on theahl.com but use caution, it’s not the greatest quality.
- Does Little Finn show some of his Finnish superstardom?
- It seems pretty likely that there isn’t going to be a resolution to the lockout soon. Does this mean that our favorite d-man shows up tonight? (HI MARCO SCANDELLA! Remember us!?)
- The last game against the Rampage ended well for the Aeros, but got a little tense. Is tonight’s game a nail bitter until the end?
- The first game the Aeros played against the Checkers had 19 minor penalties (8 of them being on the Aeros). How do the PIM look tonight?
- The Aeros PK has been insane lately. The PP however, could use some work. How does special teams look tonight?