Minnesota Wild (34-35-10) vs Nashville Predators (45-26-8)
Bridgestone Center @ 7:00 PM CDT
Listen Live at: KFAN (100.3) or Wild.com
For the Nashville perspective, check out On the Forecheck
Spoilers gotta spoil.
This is the last Wild road game of the season. Not really any commentary to add to that, just the fact that it is.
The Nashville Predators are a very good team. Their fans are energetic and a fun group with whom to converse. They play a game based upon solid goaltending, defensemen moving the puck and depth of scoring. Martin Erat leads all scorers with 58 points, but have seven guys with more than 40. The Wild, conversely, have Dany Heatley leading with 50 points, but only three guys with more than 40. These are teams who need to find wins based upon defense and secondary scoring. The difference is that Nashville has found the depth, including points from the blue line. That's why they're heading to the playoffs.
Enjoy the game.
- Do the spoilers keep on spoiling?
- Can the Wild show off for Ryan Suter?
- What is it like to watch a real top-flight defensive pairing?
- Will Erik Christensen keep the hope alive for next season?
- More comments tonight than last night's ramblings?