There may be some opportunity for new players with the changed game of Matt Cooke.
It is that time of year, folks. One of our favorite posts of the the entire season... The Hockey Wilderness Awards. If you're new here, you're in for a treat. If you're not new here, you're still in for a treat. This year, however, we decided to open the nomination process to the community. You have limited time to nominate (we'll roll out the winners this week), but we don't think you'll have any issues coming up with something.
You're all sick.
So, if you would like to make a nomination, please make the jump, inform yourself on the categories, and then leave us a comment with your nominees. Enjoy.
Here are the categories:
- The Boy Named Sue award (Best season by a player with a girl's name)
- The Stan Neckar award (Most unpronounceable name)
- They play hockey where? (Best season by a player from a non-traditional market)
- The Todd Fedoruk's original cheekbone memorial award (Guy who took the biggest ass-whooping of the year)
- The Tore Vikingstad award (Name which most strikes fear into the hearts of men)
- The Dikembe Mutumbo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo award (Best shot-blocker)
- The Summer's Eve award (Biggest douche-bag in the NHL)
- The Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Raphael award (Biggest turtle)
- The Better Luck Next Time award (the player with the worst season of the year)
- The Martin Skoula award (Biggest mistake by a team or player)
- The Crash Test Dummies award (biggest injury of the year)
We are also open to new categories, should you wish to present them, along with nominees for your new award. Ready? Go!