It's Game Day! Last homestand of the season kicks off tonight. Two games left. Will the Wild be passed by Anaheim, Toronto and the Islanders, or will they end up with yet another mid-round pick? Fear not, by the end of the weekend all will be answered and I will go on hockey sabbatical.
We'd like to remind you once again that we are raising funds for Bryan's niece's daughter's funeral if you are interested and have the means. They are only $1600 away from the goal. Let's remove this burden, shall we? - http://www.gofundme.com/is5b8
More after the jump
The New and Improved Blackhawks and Why - So how did the Hawks improve their game without Toews and others? The most important change for the Hawks over the last six weeks was their mindset.
- Jonathan Toews out against Wild, 'very close' to symptom-free - NHL - Sporting News - "I'm just trying to make sure every part of my life is back to normal first," Toews told reporters Wednesday, according to the Chicago Tribune, adding that he's "very close" to 100-percent symptom-free.
- Jonathan Toews, Dave Bolland will sit out Thursday against the Minnesota Wild - Inside the Blackhawks - Center Dave Bolland also will miss Thursday's game with an upper-body injury. Quenneville said he's day-to-day and that the injury is not serious or a long-term ailment.
- Blackhawks' Toews ruled out for Wild - chicagotribune.com - Jonathan Toews will travel with Chicago Blackhawks teammates for their final road trip of the season but will not play against the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night in St. Paul, Minn.
- Back home, Leddy never wonders what could have been - Those memories will probably be there again when Leddy and the Chicago Blackhawks play the Minnesota Wild there on Thursday night. But as far as seeing Xcel in the what-might-have-been sense; to wonder if the Wild, who drafted him, hadn’t traded him? Well, that’s kind of an afterthought.
- NHL Preview - Chicago Blackhawks at Minnesota Wild - Apr 05, 2012 - CBSSports.com - The Chicago Blackhawks have played some of their best hockey of the season over the past month despite missing several of their best players. Getting top defenseman Duncan Keith back in the lineup should make them even more formidable. Keith is scheduled to return from a five-game suspension Thursday night when the visiting Blackhawks face the Minnesota Wild for the second time in five days.
- Wild call up Cuma under emergency conditions - The Minnesota Wild on Wednesday called up defenseman Tyler Cuma from the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League under emergency conditions.
- Minnesota Wild: Several milestones within reach - TwinCities.com - As the Wild head into their final two games of the season, playing host to Chicago on Thursday, April 5, and Phoenix on Saturday, April 7, they have several players still gunning for individual milestones.
- Wild rookies enjoy living the dream | StarTribune.com - In an up-and-down, injury-riddled season, the Wild will have a franchise-record 45 players play a game for them this season, burning up the airways between Houston and various NHL cities. Among those 45 are 14 rookies and eight players who made their NHL debuts.