Flying Oilers!! - Hannah Foslien
First game of the new year for the Aeros. Here's to hoping they rock the Barons world tonight
Happy New Year Wilderness! I hope everyone had a great new years eve and is staying out of the cold and recovering nicely from their hangovers. Tonight, the Aeros are going to start the new year off by playing our most favorite foes- Baby Oilers (ewwww). Game time is 5pm.
I’m not going to re-live all the hatred that goes on between the Aeros and the Barons, or the Wild and the Oilers. Or us and C&B. We don’t like them, and they don’t like us. Although some of their fans aren’t terrible…but that’s a story for another time.
Luckily, RNH is off in that place in Russia that has like 5 hours of sunlight. So the Barons are down a key member. The Oilers are 6-3-0-1 in the last 10, and Eberle got a natural hat trick last night (Boooo). The Aeros still have the usual guys out with injuries (lots of boos), and most likely have lost someone we are unaware at this point. The Aeros signed right winger Derek Couture to a PTO yesterday, so it will be interesting to see how he does and who is sitting out.
Game is on its usual channels tonight. I won’t be able to post an audio link because I’ll be at work (BOOOOO), but I promise updates once I am finished, which should be around the start of the 2nd.
- The Aeros signed Couture to a PTO yesterday. How does he perform in his first AHL game?
- Given the hate between these teams, I’m expecting the penalty box to be pretty busy tonight. How bad does it get?
- Guys have been dropping like flies to injuries lately. Any updates on injuries/anyone lost to injury tonight?
- It’s a new year. Do the Aeros play like a new (always winning) team?
- How bad do the Barons miss RNH?