Afternoon Wild fans!
Going three days without a game has made Wild news somewhat sparse, but we've got a few game updates for today nonetheless. Without further ado, here we go.
- Niklas Backstrom will be starting in net tonight, with the announcement that Josh Harding is feeling "sick". Before people jump to the MS diagnosis, Harding is still backing up Backstrom which means that it's not serious. Second of all, I do know that there have been some random cold/flu type illnesses going around the locker room lately. Most likely he's just feeling a little under the weather.
- Keith Ballard was placed on IR yesterday. Clayton Stoner looks like he's good to go for tonights game, and it appears that Mathew Dumba will be the healthy scratch tonight. I was unable to make practice this morning to find why he's being scratched, but for right now we've got to trust that the D coach knows what he's doing.
- Jonathan Bernier will be in net for the Maple Leafs. Almost half of his career shutouts have come against the Wild, but all of those were as a member of the LA Kings. Not to mention this Wild team is different than any Wild team we've seen in the past.
- The Leafs are 5-5 in their last 10, with the Wild being 7-2-1. While they started off hot, the Leafs are slowly moving back towards the middle, while the Wild are starting to heat up. This will make for a very interesting game.
- The Wild are still averaging less than one goal allowed per game 5v5. If the Wild can stay out of the box, this could be an easy win for them.