Welcome to a quick game day update Wilderness. The Wild look to get back in their grove with a win against the Islanders tonight. The Wild have rocked it at home, and that may end up being their saving grace tonight. Here's tonights quick hits and storylines-
- Cal Clutterbuck returns to Minnesota for the first time since he was traded to the Islanders over the summer. As a fan favorite, he should have a warm welcome back
- Nino Niederrieter faces he former team for the first time as well. Considering the circumstances of his trade, his reception with his former team will probably not be as warm.
- Josh Harding is in net for the Wild, playing his first game since taking some time off to adjust his MS medication
- Jonathan Tavares WILL play for the Islanders tonight.
- Thomas Vanek will be making his first hockey trip home since his trade from the the Sabres to the Islanders. Many Wild fans are hoping that Vanek will sign with the Wild during free agency this summer. He has yet to sign an extension with the Islanders.
- Zach Parise will miss a substantial amount of time with what looks like a foot fracture. I am betting on not seeing him suit up for the Wild until AFTER the Olympic break.
- Defense- The Wild decided to throw everything they had towards the net in the Jets game. This left little to no actual defending. We all saw how that ended.
- Keep on the offense- The Wild can score apparently. Now they just need to keep the trend going, especially with Parise out.
- Put it all together- The biggest thing for the Wild is that they need to find the balance between solid defense and all out offense. If they can do that tonight, things may start to look up for Wild fans