All of Minnesota is currently drowning their Wild sorrows in beers and/or chocolate
There’s no way around it; tonight’s game was ugly. From start to finish, the Canucks out played the Wild. Backstrom had a really rough night, as did the rest of the team. Emotions are high, and I suggest everyone take a deep breath, step away from the computer, and come back tomorrow after a good night’s sleep. I know I need it.
Mike Yeo is going to have to make some pretty big changes in the near future. Tonight’s lines made no improvements from the last few games, and may have actually been worse. Not only were the secondary lines unproductive, but the first line has stopped scoring goals as well. And no matter how much Zach Parise and Mikko Koivu want it, the two of them alone can’t make the team win.
There were a few bright spots tonight. Personally, I have wondered about Zenon Konopka, and if he deserves a spot on the team over Matt Kassian. Tonight, Konopka was one of the few guys who actually gave a damn about the game. It would have been best if he hadn’t been thrown out of the game, but no one here is in a position to argue about emotions getting the best of someone. Charlie Coyle looked pretty damn good on that top line. He made a few rookie mistakes, and had a few nervous moments, but the fact that he doesn’t look out of place is a pretty big deal. As usual Jonas Brodin looked excellent as well, and earned third star of the game. And our very own NotNickSchultz managed to get his 3rd goal of the year, which places him 3rd on the team for goals scored.
1. How does Coyle look on the top line? Pretty good. He needs some finishing still, but overall a great game for him
2. Primary and secondary scoring all show up at the same time? HAHAHAHAHA
3. Can the Wild get to Schneider? Oh god, where are my tissues. I’m crying again.
4. Still waiting for that first goal from the Brodin / Suter pairing. Is it tonight? Nope.
5. How does Mike Rupp play in his first game in a Wild sweater? Honestly, didn’t notice him once in the game.