With a 4-3 shootout win against the best team in the NHL, the Wild have claimed the 7th seed in the Western Conference playoffs. Here's your Good/Bad/rundown of WILD WIN RECAP EDITITON.
- SEVENTH SEED BABY!!!!: The Wild are going to the playoffs, clinch with 2 games left (really 2.33, but whatever), and do it on their own. All big steps up from last season.
- Jason Pominville: It would have been awesome for The Mayor to get a hatty tonight, but two goals and an assist is still freaking fantastic.
- Ilya Bryzgalov: Again, another phenomenal night in net. Shootout win. Still hasn't lost in regulation since coming to Minnesota. Totally worth that 4th rounder. See what happens when you give your goaltender help EDMONTON?!
- Ryan Suter: He is Clutch.
- Penalties: Let's lay off the penalties eh boys? Two PPGs given up tonight. You're playoff bound now, which means you need to drastically improve your special teams or you're going to lose.
Go forth and do your best Nail Yakapov impressions Wilderness. Pop open the top shelf liquors and celebrate the fact that despite some doubters, the Wild are heading to the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.
Hockey Wilderness 3 stars of the game
- Jason Pominville: 2 goals and an assist. His shot-blocking was a thing to be admired.
- Ilya Bryzgalov: Shootout winner. Stopped a 3 Bruins players, made some great saves. Didn't see any bears.
- Ryan Suter: Clutch goal to send the game to OT and eventually the SO for the win.