In order to broaden the horizons of the Hockey Wilderness community, I decided to start a weekly "Around the NHL Blogosphere" column. This will include stories from our ever-expanding SBNation NHL community, headed by Hockey Blogger extraordinaire, James Mirtle as well as the excellent blogs across the country.
Now, it's up to you, the Hockey Wilderness community, to determine the name of this weekly installment. My first thought was "In the Crease", followed by "Cycling the NHL", as well as "Beyond the Team of 18,000."
Anyway, let's get it started
- From Mile High Hockey, a Colorado Avalanche Blog: Is Granato on the hot seat?
- Sidney Crosby bites back to Alexander Semin, from Pensburgh, a Pittsburgh Penguins Blog.
- Remember Mike Danton and David Frost? James Mirtle at From the Rink sure does.
- Oh, and check out the excellent Toronto Maple Leafs blog, Pension Plan Puppets, where they claim that the Habs are a Filthy Team in light of the Tom Kostopolous hit on Mike Van Ryn.
- Mirtle also asks you to grade the suspension of Tom Kostopolous.
- From the Rink also has a great post on Induction Day 2008 for the Hockey Hall of Fame (no, not the real one in Eveleth, but the one in Toronto.)
- Maybe Jacques Lemaire should read this excellent post on Fear the Fin, a San Jose Sharks blog on How Your Team Can Beat the San Jose Sharks.
- Christy at Winging it in Motown, a Detroit Red Wings blog starts her feature Behind the Blog, getting into the nitty-gritty of those of us in our underwear in our mothers' basements and how we cover the teams we love.
- Dominik at Lighthouse Hockey, a New York Islanders blog tries to answer The Mystery of the 40 Minute Islanders.
- So, how can I get in on the bailout offered by the St. Louis Blues?
Look tomorrow forthe first installment in our "Around the Wild Blogosphere" column. I'd love input on what to call that one.
Read well folks!