Pittsburgh Penguins (11-4-2) @ Minnesota Wild (10-4-1)
Mellon Arena @ 6:00 CDT
Television: VS (HD)
Listen live on WCCO.com, or locally at 830 AM
For the Pittsburgh perspective, check out Pensburgh.
Nolan - Koivu - Bouchard
Reitz - Schultz
- Marian Gaborik is still out with that lower body injury.
- Third goalie Nolan Schaefer has been recalled from AHL Houston on an emergency basis. To make room, the Wild placed defenseman Tomas Mojzis on waivers, sources say.
- Derek Boogaard, Craig Weller and Mojzis looked to be scratched.
- Marc-Andre Fleury will not be in the lineup for the Penguins. Fleury is listed as day-to-day and a return date is unknown.
- With Fleury out of the lineup, Dany Sabourin will make his first start at Mellon Arena against Minnesota. "We played a really good game last year against the Wild," Sabourin said. "It was really intense, like a playoff game. They trap, they crash the net hard and like to play behind the net. We have to be ready for that."
- Grand Rapids' own Alex Goligoski is off to a hot start for the Pens, with 4 goals, 5 assists in 16 games on the blue line.
- Pascal Dupuis will play against the Wild for the first time since the trade two seasons ago to the Rangers.
- Mikko Koivu has a goal and assist in his last eight games, while MIttens has three assists in that span, although he scored the winning goal in Saturday's shootout.
Questions to Answer
- Can anyone contain the quick, young talent of the Penguins?
- Will Burns be up or back?
- Will the Wild try to skate with the Pens, or bottle them up? East v. West, which style will win?
- Will they stop Evgeni Malkin, who has a 13-game point and assist streak?
- Will Cal Clutterbuck pass out in his own vomit tonight, on this, his 21st birthday?
Ok folks, have a great night! I'll be out with the misses for our 8th anniversary, and will speak to you on the other side of the evening.