Colorado Avalanche (11-12-0) @ Minnesota Wild (14-7-1)
Xcel Energy Center @ 7:00 CST
Television: Versus (HD)
Listen live on WCCO.com, or locally at 830 AM
For the Colorado perspective, check out Mile High Hockey
Veilleux - Koivu - Mittens
Johnsson - Schultz
Smyuth - Stastny - Hejduk
Clark - Hannan
Injuries: Minnesota Wild
Injuries: Colorado Avalanche
- The Wild have the top PK unit in the NHL, and the second PP unit. The Wild win the special teams battle on paper.
Minnesota is 5-0-1 in the last six overall meetings, including a 3-1 victory at Colorado on Nov. 6.
- Niklas Backstrom is 8-1-1 with a 1.96 GAA and a .932 SV% in 10 starts against Colorado
- With Darcy Tucker out, the Wild's knees should be safe tonight.
- My AC adapter shorted out, so don't expect me to be online tonight. My phone died a week ago. The battery in my replacement phone died over the weekend and now my adapter for may laptop dies? My wife called me Dr. Doom. Blech.
Questions to Answer
- Can Mittens, Koivu and Nolan keep up their streaks?
Did the day off against Nashville do Backstrom some good?
Will the Wild get out of the fighting mentality they had against Nashville, or will LaPerriere find someone else to annoy since Gaborik is out?
What impact will the C have on Johnsson?
Can Brunette light up his former mates?