Minnesota Wild 6-3 Phoenix Coyotes
via cdn.nhl.comThe Wild once again scored the first goal of the game, the second and the third. Not half bad.
It's just great to see the offense come alive. Especially when Mikko Koivu and Andrew Brunette scored for the first time in 16 games, Cal Clutterbuck had one of his best games of his season, Owen Nolan continued his excellent play and Marc-Andre Bergeron came back with a vengeance. Great to see. Now, unfortunately, the defense didn't match the level of intensity of the offense. But, it's a good start, so we'll see how they build from here.
Hockey Wilderness Three Stars
- Cal Clutterbuck (1 G, 1 A)
- Mikko Koivu (1 G, 1 A)
Owen Nolan (1 G, 1 A)
Questions to Answer
- Can the Wild offense turn around? Umm, yeah. 6 goals ain't bad at all!
- Can this be a springboard to the second half? Let's hope.
- Will Backstrom avenge his only loss to Phoenix? He did, but didn't look great tonight, giving up 3 on 24 shots.
- Can Koivu or Brunette find the back of the net? I'm shocked, but BOTH Koivu and Brunette knocked it home tonight!
- Will PMB ever have a finisher on his line? Yet again, Bouchard is kept off the scoresheet and didn't even notch a single shot on goal.
- The Wild has outscored the Coyotes 27-9 in its past 7 games at the Xcel Energy Center.
- The Wild have beaten Phoenix in 12 of the past 14.
- 6 goals were the most the Wild have scored in over a year (1/3/08 - Dallas).
- Bergeron's goal was the fastest this season (:46).
- Minnesota has not been behind during its home winning streak vs. the Coyotes.
The Game in Pictures