This injury to Johnsson is a major blow, especially since the defense is playing such inconsistent hockey. Brent Burns again found himself adding to his NHL worst +/-, going -2 for a season total of -12. It's never a good sign when your "best" defenseman is a -12. Burns is simply trying to do too much, not playing within himself, and it shows. He's killing his team, and is definitely not helping his chances on making the Canadian Olympic team.
Please read the game recap over at St. Louis Game Time
Hockey Wilderness Three
Questions to Answer
- Can the Wild look better than they did in the two preseason games with the Blues? Defensively they were a bit better, but they're so, so inconsistent.
- Will the Wild play like they did in the first period against Colorado or the second? Definitely like the second period.
- Will we see a better Martin Havlat tonight? No. He's just absent on the ice. If you didn't know he was on the team, you would have no clue. He's a non-factor.
- Can Brent Burns continue to improve on a poor start to the season? Nope. -12 is horrid.
- Do the Wild show better chemistry tonight, with another game under the belt for the linemates? I wouldn't say they were markedly better, but they weren't worse. Still missing too many passes.