Xcel Energy Center @ 7:30PM CDT
Television: FSN (HD)
Listen live on Wild.com, or locally at 830 AM
For the Edmonton perspective, check out The Copper & Blue
| Minnesota Wild || Edmonton Oilers |
Ryan Whitney - Tom Gilbert
Todd Richards reminded us that the team is not twenty games in and seven points out of the playoffs, and that he does not understand the negativity surrounding the team. Tonight, he and his team get their first chance to prove that negativity is unfounded. The Wild have yet to play a game that counts in front of the home crowd, something that has given them a boost in the past. Tonight's events will be special, as the team honors the first nine seasons with a pre-game ceremony, which will certainly have the fans ready to go.
The road from 0-1-1 to twenty games in and seven points out is shorter than we think. No one wants that.
1.Can the Wild defense contain the high flying, high speed youngsters in the Edmonton offense?
2. With Zidlicky likely back in the line-up, does the defensive corps solidify?
3. The Wild have always done well against young phenoms. Is Taylor Hall different?
4. Can Niklas Backstrom continue his 12-0-0 record at home against the Oil?
5. Will Clutterbuck put one in the net tonight?
6. Can the Wild put together a 60 minute effort?