1. To quote some someone from the West Virginia highlands: "We ain't saw nuttin from dees here boys." Which Wild team comes out tonight? The one that can play, or the one that doesn't seem to care? We got both. Problem is, the good team didn't stick around for very long.
2. Zidlicky is listed as "questionable." If he can't go, who steps up for the Wild to lead the breakout? No one. Without him, the Wild struggle to get out of their zone. Huge source of weakness.
3. Can the Wild continue a relative dominance of the East? Nope. While they outplayed Carolina in several aspects, the categories that matter weren't among them.
4. Will Clutterbuck skate with Havlat / Cullen? If so, is he a factor in the offense? He did, indeed, skate with Cullen and Havlat, and he was indeed involved in the offense. It still just doesn't seem like the right move, though.
5. How do the Wild Finns play in one of the most exciting games of their lives? Miettinen played a solid game, with three shots on goal. Koivu was his usual self, and Backstrom showed flashes of his old game.
6. The Twins proved last night that Minnesota teams only show up for most of the game, not all of it. Can the Wild buck the trend? More of the same. Took the last half of the first period off, the entire second period off, and until the final four minutes of the third, looked as though they were ready to pack up and go back to Saint Paul.