Minnesota Wild (8-4-3) vs Los Angeles Kings (7-6-3)
Staples Center @ 9:30PM CDT Television: FSN
Listen Live at: KFAN (100.3) or Wild.com
For the Los Angeles perspective, check out Jewels From The Crown
|Minnesota Wild||Los Angeles Kings|
Nick Johnson - Mikko Koivu - Dany Heatley
Simon Gagne - Anze Kopitar - Justin Williams
Willie Mitchell - Drew Doughty
Don't let the Kings' record fool you. This is a very good team, and like the Sharks are loaded from top to bottom and can be dangerous at any time. Just stop and take a look at that roster. If you think they are a basement team, you better share whatever it is you are on.
It will be another big test for the Wild, especially now without Guillaume Latendresse (concussion), who had been playing very well and had clicked with the top line. His big body presence will be certainly be missed, and the Wild will need someone to step up to fill that role.
Josh Harding returns to the net tonight, and it will be interesting to see how he handles a high powered offense, and how the team in front of him responds. Not the greatest game from Backstrom on Thursday, so a strong performance from Harding would serve to further his transition into at least a tandem.
Another late start. Hopefully you'll all be up and rowdy on a Saturday night.
- Will Josh Harding be crowned Bishop Harding?
- Can the Wild keep the Kings in check?
- Will any of the Wild rooks step up?
- Late knight game. Are the Wild adjusted to the time yet?
- Do the Wild play well, or wind up looking like pawns?
- BONUS: Nick Johnson got the call to the top line. Is he going to fit? How much playing time does he actually see with Koivu & Heatley? Over/Under at 13:30