For LA perspective, please visit Jewels From The Crown.
We're not going to spend any time at all looking at this one. The Wild had a game scheduled tonight against the Kings, but no one made the trip from San Jose. Hopefully Mike Yeo has a plan to wake them up, because the momentum gained from the four game winning streak is not only dead, there has already been a funeral, a burial, and everyone involved has moved on and found new loves.
They did show up here and there in the third period, but it was far too little, far too late.
Time to see if the coach can hold onto the team, or if they're in the wind. Another game in about 17 hours. Should be rather interesting.
The Bennett's Chop & Railhouseof the Game:
1. Simon Gagne (1G, 1A)
2. Dustin Brown (1G, 3 SOG)
3. Jack Johnson (1A, solid all night)
Remember, when you begin and end your night at Bennett's, you're the star! Easy parking, drink and food specials and a free shuttle to and from the Xcel Energy Center. Check them out at http://bennettschopandrailhouse.com/.
- Will Josh Harding be crowned Bishop Harding? Nope. Ugly game for him. Mostly because of his D, but he paid the price.
- Can the Wild keep the Kings in check? Oh. Hell. No. Check mate, Kings.
- Will any of the Wild rooks step up? No one stepped up. No one at all.
- Late knight game. Are the Wild adjusted to the time yet? The who now?
- Do the Wild play well, or wind up looking like pawns? Complete pawns. Scooped off the board and forgotten.
- BONUS: Nick Johnson got the call to the top line. Is he going to fit? How much playing time does he actually see with Koivu & Heatley? Over/Under at 13:30