Minnesota Wild 0 - 4 Dallas Stars
For Dallas perspective, please visit Defending Big D.
Shutout two games in a row in the middle of a playoff race against two teams very close to you in the standings. If anything screams "We just don't want it," that would be it. For the second straight game, the Wild showed absolutely no ability to master the basics of offensive hockey, and they paid for it. Again.
Russo tweeted at one point: Season ended March 11, 2011. While that is true, the death blow was dealt last night. It just took over night for the playoff hopes to bleed out. Come on. Fourteen shots on goal tonight? After getting just 19 last night? Thirty three shots in two games, or as many as the Wild give up in one.
Two games in a row that simply do not warrant a long game re-cap. If last night was the Hindenburg disaster, tonight is this:
Hockey Wilderness Three Stars
1. Mike Ribeiro (1G, 1A)
2. Kari Lehtonen (SO, 14 saves)
3. Jamie Langenbrunner (2A)
- Can the Wild rebound from an ugly loss? Like vanilla pudding.
- Is it possible to win in Dallas? Absolutely not.
- Does Steve Ott make an jackass out of himself? Doesn't he always?
- Do the Wild stop waiting? Waiting for Godot is about all they are waiting for now.
- Does Norm Green still suck? Like a freakin Hoover, yet still not as much as these past two games.