The last time the Hurricanes visited the Xcel, it was St.Patrick's Day 2012, and boy was that ever a bad day. Besides England thumping Ireland in the rugby, the Hurricanes came back from 3-2 down to beat the Wild 5-3 with three 3rd period goals. Goalscorers for the Wild that day were Kyle Brodziak, Nick Johnson and Erik Christensen, Marco Scandella led the team in TOI with 25 minutes, and Warren Peters played. Yep, those were tough times for the franchise, but now look how far we have come since.
The Wild finally got a win after several games of domination with no end result, beating Nashville 2-0 on Tuesday night. The Hurricanes have won 2 straight and are 3-1 on the road this season. Their most recent victory was a 4-3 win against the New York Islanders. They currently sit at 5th in the Eastern Conference and are 2nd in the Metropolitan division behind Pittsburgh.
- Jonas Brodin is out injured so Matt Dumba will play in his place.
- The forward lines will remain the same as the ones that finished the game against the Predators. That means Fonzy on the 1st and Knightrider on the 3rd.
- Keith Ballard and Charlie Coyle are still out of action.
- Tonight is Harding's Hope Night and all fans get a Josh Harding Masterton Trophy poster, so that's pretty cool.
- Speaking of Harding, Mr.99% ES Sv% will be starting tonight with Backstrom playing the back-up role.