Minnesota Wild (16-10-2)
Joe Louis Arena @ 6:30 PM CST
Listen Live at: KFAN (100.3) or Wild.com
For the Red Wings perspective, check out Winging it in Motown
|Minnesota Wild||Detroit Red Wings
Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson
Tonight's game features two teams that are fighting for points. The Wild need two points to reclaim the solo lead in the NW, and 3rd place in the division. The Red Wings need two points to keep their playoff hopes alive, and try to reclaim 2nd in their division. Minnesota is coming off it's first 3 game winning streak of the season, and certainly have the hot hand at the moment. Last time these two teams met, the Wild walked away with 2pts. All signs look to the Wild winning this match up, but the Red Wings aren't going to make this an easy match.
- The last time the Wild played in Detroit, Jonas Brodin made his Wild debut and made sure Wild fans noticed him by defending very well against the likes of Zetterburg, Datsyuk and Franzen. What does the rookie phenom have up his sleeves tonight?
- Backstrom was solid against the Canucks, but has been a work horse all season with relatively few games off. How does he hold up tonight?
- Gilbert and Rupp are out again tonight (Stupid Avs). The Wild held it together in Vancouver with the line/partner changes, can they do it again?
- Last meet up at Joe Louis Arena had Russo almost combusting over bad internet access/his hate for Detroit. How does he handle his return trip?
- Do the Wild continue their great playmaking?