Can't score, can't pass, and can't win. An extraordinarily disappointing Minnesota Wild season has led to some utterly depressing numbers. I had some fun with arbitrary endpoints and put together a list of 20 of my favorite (mostly) depressing Wild facts up to this point.
1. Since Christmas, the Wild have the 3rd worst power play in the league, scoring on 8.1% of their chances.
2. Ryan Suter and Mikael Granlund do not have a power play point in 19 games.
3. Since Christmas, Mathew Dumba has 16 shots on the power play. That's more than Pominville, Granlund, Koivu, Suter, and Spurgeon....... COMBINED!
4. Those five players have combined for 185:39 of power play time in that span. Dumba has played 28:53.
5. The Wild are 26th in the league in power play % in the Mike Yeo era.
6. Over the past 20 games, Charlie Coyle, and Nino Niederreiter lead the Wild in scoring with 12 and 11 points respectively.
7. Mikko Koivu leads the Wild with 35 points.
8. Mikko Koivu is 50th in NHL scoring.
9. Zach Parise is on pace for 61 points. His lowest full season total since his rookie year in 2005-06.
10. Zach Parise has the second worst plus minus on the Wild, further proving the value of that stat as a defensive metric.
11. The Wild are 26th in the league in goals-for in the Mike Yeo era.
12. Justin Fontaine has played 1833 even strength minutes over the past three years. In that time, he is second on the Wild with 1.8 Points/60.
13. Fontaine has played the least amount of minutes of all regular Wild forwards.
14. In his 20 games with the Wild, Jarret Stoll has been the worst forward in the league (>15 games played) by possession metrics, with a shot attempt percentage of 35.3.
15. Shot attempt %'s-
Before Stoll: Carter 43.24, Porter 43.1
After Stoll: Carter- 30.1, Porter-40.16
16. Stoll has more goals in the past four games than Mikael Granlund has in the past 30.
17. The Wild have been the 5th healthiest team in the league this season.
18. The Iowa Wild are going to finish in last place in their conference for the third year in a row.
19. The Iowa Wild have won 61 of their past 196 games. By far the fewest in the AHL.
20. The Minnesota Wild have two picks in the first five rounds of the upcoming draft. (1st and a 4th)