Some notable firsts this week! John Torchetti won his first game for the Wild, then rattled off three more. The Wild won their first Stadium Series game this weekend. And for the first time in the two-year history of the Hockey Wilderness Podcast, we recorded the podcast in the same room!
After an insane week for the Wild that saw them fire their coach, climb back into the playoff race, and knock around the Blackhawks in an outdoor game, Barry, Chris, Joe, and Tony assembled at a conference table to discuss everything that happened including:
- The Wild’s sweep of Western Canada
- What’s different about this team under Torchetti
- Whether the Wild’s offensive output indicates the team quit on Yeo
- Re-living the North Stars during the Alumni Game
- Checking up on some of our favorite Wild Alumni
- The atmosphere at the Stadium Series
- Erik Haula’s resurgence
- Coach Q pulling the goalie with 7 minutes left
- The Rozsival-on-Zucker hit
And an absurd amount of fun stories!
If YOU want to have your questions, reactions, or opinions on the show, call into our Hot Take Line and leave a voicemail letting us know what you think! Our number is 218-384-1002. We look forward to hearing from you!
Make sure to support our show by subscribing to us on iTunes. Other great ways to support the show are leaving us an iTunes review (they really do help!) and sharing our show with your friends!
We’ll be back next week!