It was a big week for the Minnesota Wild, so the Hockey Wilderness Podcast responded with an appropriately big podcast discussing all of the big news that hit during free agent weekend.
Barry, Joe, and Tony sat down to discuss:
- Jason Zucker re-signing with the Wild. Was $2M/year too much for him?
- How will Zucker’s deal inform the Wild’s negotiations with Matt Dumba?
- Whether the Wild signing Alex Stalock actually matters
- Why signing Eric Staal for 3 years, $10.5M was the best move the Wild could’ve made this weekend
- Trying to find fault in the Chris Stewart contract (we can’t)
- Why aren’t the Wild signing Matt Cullen?
- No, I mean, like, seriously. Just sign that guy already.
- Have the Wild improved their position in the Central Division? We look at how the balance of power shifted
- Will P.K. Subban make that much of a difference in Nashville?
- Can a Nino Niederreiter extension be on the horizon?
and much, much more!
Make sure to check out our 2016 Offseason Trail Guide- available for free right here! We have profiles on all of the remaining free agents in the pool, plus trade targets, and other fun stuff!
If you like our show and want to support it, make sure to subscribe to us on iTunes, and consider leaving us a rating and review while you’re there. Your feedback helps us, and the more ratings/reviews we get, the more our listenership grows. Make sure to tell your friends about us, too!
That’s all for this week! We’ll see you soon!