Welcome to the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. The United Center on Chicago’s west side is the site where 17-18 year old players will be selected to the 31 teams of the NHL across 7 rounds of action.
The First Round of the draft can be found on NBC Sports Network and it begins at 7pm ET/6pm CT.
Here is the official draft order:
- New Jersey Devils select Nico Hischier
- Philadelphia Flyers proud to have Nolan Patrick fall into their lap
- Dallas Stars pick Miro Keiskanen
- Cale Makar banished to the Colorado Avalanche
- Vancouver Canucks select Elias Petterson
- Vegas Golden Knights gamble on Cody Glass
- New York Rangers (via Arizona) Lias Andersson heading to Manhattan
- Buffalo Sabres take Minnesotan Casey Mittelstadt off the board
- Detroit Red Wings select Michael Rasmussen
- Florida Panthers take the redness that is Owen Tippett
- Los Angeles Kings pick Gabriel Vilardi
- Carolina Hurricanes get Czech center, Martin Necas
- Vegas Golden Knights (via Winnipeg) rolls with Nick Suzuki
- Tampa Bay Lightning pick Callan Foote
- Vegas Golden Knights (via NY Islanders) goes defense with Erik Brannstrom
- Calgary Flames take Juuso Valimaki at 16
- Toronto Maple Leafs picked up Timothy Liljegren
- Boston Bruins goes with Finn Urho Vaakanainen
- San Jose Sharks take their pick, select Josh Norris
- St. Louis Blues have Steve Ott and Mike Yeo coaching the gritz into Robert Thomas
- New York Rangers take Filip Chytil
- Edmonton Oilers pick American Kailer Yamamoto
- Arizona Coyotes (via Minnesota) in return for Martin Hanzal, picks Pierre-Olivier Joseph
- Winnipeg Jets (via Columbus via Vegas) Kristian Vesalainen begins his Nightwatch
- Montreal Canadiens and Marc Bergevin takes Ryan Poehling from SCSU
- *Dallas Stars (via Chicago) trade up to select G Jake Oettinger
- ** Philadelphia Flyers (via St. Louis via Washington) trade up for Morgan Frost
- Ottawa Senators pick Shane Bowers
- *Chicago Blackhawks (via Dallas Stars via Anaheim) turn Henri Jokiharju’s selection into a Wagnerian Opera
- Nashville Predators select Eeli Tovanen, who fell hard
- ***St. Louis Blues (via Pittsburgh Penguins) take Klim Kostin from Moscow
*TRADE: Chicago trades pick 26 to Dallas in exchange for picks 29 and 70.
**TRADE: Philadephia Flyers trade Brayden Schenn to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for pick 27, Jori Lehtera, 2018 conditional pick.
***TRADE: St. Louis Blues trade Ryan Reaves and pick 51 to Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for pick 31 and Oskar Sundqvist.
That concludes the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft.