After a month-long absence due to lack of news, the Hockey Wilderness Podcast re-convened when the Minnesota Wild all but ended their offseason. Their two big restricted free agents signed this week, with Nino Niederreiter taking home a 5-year, $26.25M contract, whereas Granlund re-upped for 3-years, $17.25M.
Tony and Joe sat down on Wednesday night to discuss these moves, answer your mailbag questions, and do a Sandwich Draft. Enjoy!
- Nate Prosser heading to St. Louis
- Nino Niederreiter's new contract
- Whether Nino's long-term deal will mean more ice time
- Saying (again) that Nino is a first-line talent
- Can Nino accomplish the 30-goal season he wants?
- Breaking down the Granlund extension
- Why weren't the Wild willing to commit to Granlund long-term?
- What kind of player will Granlund be going forward?
- Grading the Wild's offseason
- Will Kirill Kaprizov or Jordan Greenway see time with the Wild?
- We draft our favorite sandwiches. Who will be the first pick???
If you want to support the podcast, you can subscribe to us on your favorite podcasting app, tell your friends about our show, and take a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review! We appreciate any support!
We'll see you soon!