For a bit of a change of pace this week, we wanted to give you, the Hockey Wilderness Podcast listener, something we haven’t been able to give you for quite some time.
That is, some talk about a team that advanced out of the first round of the playoffs.
Sure, maybe we didn’t know it at the time, but Joe and Tony delivered on some Vikings talk. The HWP crew reminisced on their miserable lives of Vikings fandom, swapped some good stories, and then we went to Matthew Coller of ESPN 1500 the day after the game to recap the Vikings’ miraculous win, and look ahead to a possible Super Bowl.
Oh, yeah, and we also chatted about the Wild at the end.
- Our journey with the Vikings
- Our most joyful Vikings moments
- Tony stanning for Randy Moss
- Why the hurt from the ‘98 Championship loss will never go away
- The guys break down Paul Allen’s most agonized calls
- The moment when Stefon Diggs caught the touchdown
- What makes Diggs a Top-10 receiver in the NFL
- Giving the Vikings defense credit
- Case Keenum’s journey and future with the Vikings
- The unsung heroes of the playoff game
- Previewing the NFC Championship Game vs. Philadelphia
- The potential of having a home Super Bowl in Minneapolis
- Nino Niederreiter’s injury
- Mikael Granlund playing out of his mind
- Sorting through the Wild’s road woes
- Tony’s experience as a street preacher
If you want to support the podcast, you can subscribe to us on your favorite podcasting app, tell your friends about our show, and take a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review! We appreciate any support!
We’ll see you soon!