Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Welp. The Wild lost another one, folks. Not much of a surprise this time, considering the Toronto Maple Leafs are kind of good. Still, this is suboptimal. [Hockey Wilderness]
- You probably have a whole lot of opinions about the Wild, and we want to hear them! Join SB Nation’s NHL FanPulse and begin telling us what you really think of this hockey team. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Bruce Boudreau’s team may be off to a horrific start, but it doesn’t appear Bill Guerin is giving up on him just yet. [The Athletic]
- Gerald Mayhew scored his first NHL goal last night, and that was pretty cool.
GOAL. Not that it really matters, but Gerry Mayhew gets his first NHL goal. Pretty awesome. pic.twitter.com/gtOoRZ4kUB— Hockey Wilderness (@hockeywildernes) October 16, 2019
Off the trail...
- Do you like the NHL’s shot location data? Well, that data is going to be looking much different, and this could have a major impact on advanced stats as a whole. [On The Forecheck]
- Remember Chris Stewart? Well, after spending a full season across the pond, the veteran forward is coming back to play for the Flyers. [Broad Street Hockey]
- It’s starting to sound like Dustin Byfuglien could be returning to the Jets soon. [TSN]
- Could the Oilers actually be good? [NHL]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.