Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Forwards are typically the players who score the goals. Unless you’re on the Minnesota Wild. Then all the offense goes through the defensemen, which isn’t exactly a great recipe for success. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Perhaps a Wild forward will never score again. What a travesty that would be. Luckily, Matt Dumba’s here to pick up the slack. [Pioneer Press]
- If you’re not excited about the possibility of Kirill Kaprizov playing ice hockey for the Wild, you probably should be. The kid’s absolutely killing it in Russia. What else is new? [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Anthony Mantha is coming off a pretty unbelievable performance. This may finally be the big winger’s true breakout campaign. [The Hockey News]
- In case you missed it, the Capitals got a very good doggo.
INTRODUCING THE GOODEST BOY!— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) October 5, 2019
Meet Captain, the official team dog of the Washington Capitals!
In partnership with @AmericasVetDogs, Captain will be with us for over a year as he gets ready to assist a Veteran or First Responder.
Follow along on Instagram / Twitter: @CapsPup pic.twitter.com/w0ODidDgu8