Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Interesting. The Wild have recalled goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen from Iowa. [Wild]
- Why did the Wild call up Kahkonen? It doesn’t appear anyone is hurt. According to Boudreau, Devan Dubnyk seems to be dealing with a family matter. Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
Boudreau said today Dubnyk is dealing with a family situation https://t.co/3vi4iEaKmz— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) November 20, 2019
Off the trail...
- We now know Bruce Boudreau won’t be the first coach fired this season. Why? Because the Maple Leafs have already fired head coach Mike Babcock! Sheldon Keefe is taking over as Toronto’s bench boss. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Bobby Ryan is taking a leave of absence from the Senators in order to enter the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program. Here’s to things getting better for the former second overall pick. [Silver Seven]
- We still don’t know exactly what’s going on with Dustin Byfuglien, but the NHLPA has filed a grievance challenging his suspension. [Sportsnet]
- Try not to cry watching this. You will fail.
Luke's father spent the last year in Afghanistan.— NHL on NBC (@NHLonNBCSports) November 21, 2019
Tonight, he returned and surprised his son. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/HK4nUAN4Ar