Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Folks, you are never going to believe this, but the Minnesota Wild, a noted juggernaut in overtime, were defeated by the New York Rangers during the extra 3-on-3 session last night. A real shocker, I know. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Some people still seem to believe Bruce Boudreau will be fired before the season is over. Would the Wild really pull the trigger? And for what reason? [The Athletic]
- If there’s one good thing to come out of last night’s game, it’s the tribute the Rangers gave to Mats Zuccarello. Pretty awesome.
Forever our favorite Norwegian.— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) November 26, 2019
Thank you for the memories, Zucc! pic.twitter.com/0U20pEy8Rv
Off the trail...
- Some people wonder if pulling goalies for the shootout is something teams should try. And it looks like Robin Lehner’s on board with that idea as well. [NHL]
- Also, Alexander Kerfoot has been suspended for two games after boarding Erik Johnson — a play awfully similar to what Brad Marchand pulled against the Wild.