Let’s go over some news and notes:
- You might want to start paying close attention to Alexander Khovanov, folks. Dude is killing it in the QMJHL this season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Greg Pateryn is headed to Iowa for a conditioning stint. He shouldn’t be out much longer. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Fiala has arrived. If you haven’t been impressed with his recent play, you might actually be impossible to please. [Pioneer Press]
- Will Minnesota finally get a Winter Classic next season? Will the Wild sign another Russian to make Kirill Kaprizov feel at home when he comes to North America? All that and more in Michael Russo’s Q&A for The Athletic. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Another former player is slamming Mike Babcock for being a “bully” behind the Red Wings bench. According to Johan Franzen, the former Detroit head coach is the worst person he’s ever met. [Winging It In Motown]
- Teddy Bear Toss!
Ever wanted to know what 45,650 teddy bears looked like? @TheHersheyBears set ANOTHER world record on their Teddy Bear Toss night, collecting 45,650 stuffed animals that will go to various local charities. pic.twitter.com/bfvJfPXkZQ— AHL (@TheAHL) December 2, 2019