Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Zach Parise has been quite good over the last month. What has him firing on all cylinders right now? [The Athletic]
- Jared Spurgeon has officially been placed on injured reserve. Luckily, his injury isn’t as bad as initially feared. And Mikko Koivu’s injury doesn’t seem too bad either.
#mnwild defenseman Jared Spurgeon is expected to miss approximately two weeks with an upper body injury suffered in last night’s 4-2 win at Florida.— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) December 4, 2019
Captain Mikko Koivu is day-to-day with a lower body injury.
Off the trail...
- If you need to get caught up on the top prospects available in the draft, here’s a good primer. [NHL]
- With all the allegations that have come out over the last few weeks, will Mike Babcock ever coach an NHL team ever again? [The Hockey News]
- Speaking of which, John Tortorella is one of the most fiery coaches in hockey. But to this day, even his former players are pretty forthright about his nature as a motivator. He can be tough on his guys, bet he is very different from Babcock and Bill Peters. [The Athletic]
- Word around the street is Kevin Hayes used to ref.