If you love the Minnesota Wild and the community we’ve built here at Hockey Wilderness, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. Hockey Wilderness is hiring a new site manager.
Joe Bouley is moving on, and we’re on the hunt for someone to take the reins. Keep reading to see if this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The site manager is responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Managing the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Training and managing a staff of contributors that cover Wild news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Wild and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Hockey Wilderness community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be self-starters and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing why you’re the right person for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, and a hockey-related writing sample via our Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about the application process, the role, or SB Nation and Hockey Wilderness in general, please contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s senior talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and Hockey Wilderness are committed to bringing you coverage of the Wild from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and qualifications do not exactly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.