Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Who stood out for the Wild during the NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City? If you’re a fan of Nico Sturm and William Bitten, you’ll be very happy. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Apparently Drew Stafford was (accidentally) one of the first people to find out Paul Fenton had been relieved of his duties as Wild GM. Also, Stafford sounds ready to “Give her all [he’s] got” during training camp. [The Athletic]
- This is pretty neat. Xcel Energy Center is the “greenest” arena in the NHL.
#MyXEC is proud to announce that we are the first and only @NHL building in the United States to be certified @USGBC LEED Platinum! #LEEDbyExample— Xcel Energy Center (@XcelEnergyCtr) September 10, 2019
Read about our sustainability efforts here: https://t.co/sGcWbsI5Bs pic.twitter.com/WPE6JiKG5J
Off the trail...
- The 2015 draft class was pretty loaded. Could that be the best draft class of all time? Even better than the 2003 class? [The Athletic]
- Here are the top candidates to win the Vezina for 2019-20. Does Devan Dubnyk crack the list? Spoiler — no. [The Hockey News]
- Alex Ovechkin has his own cereal.