Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Kirill Kaprizov is expected to cross the pond soon, and a KHL expert weighs in on what to expect from the KHL star. [Hockey Wilderness]
- With the Wild expected to make some moves at the trade deadline, which AHL players could earn a call-up to the NHL? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Eric Staal seemed to enjoy the All-Star Game (perhaps not as much as his kids, though).
“Between my three boys, they cleared the St. Louis Blues out of bubble gum.”— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) January 26, 2020
Eric Staal reacts after the #NHLAllStar Game and shares some of his favorite memories from the weekend.#mnwild | #StaalStar pic.twitter.com/ews3RExFRX
Off the trail...
- The sports universe lost a legend on Sunday. Various NHL players have taken to social media to pay their respects to NBA superstar Kobe Bryant. [The Athletic]
- Martin Frk recorded a 109.2 mph shot at the AHL All-Star Game. And you thought Shea Weber had a hard shot...
"Who's Shea Weber anyway?!"— AHL (@TheAHL) January 27, 2020
Martin Frk of the @ontarioreign had the shot heard round the world at the #AHLAllStar game, shattering the old Hardest Shot record with a 109.2 mph blast! pic.twitter.com/N5z6nliMj6