Let’s go over some news and notes:
- How do fans feel about this year’s Stanley Cup? Should there be an asterisk next to the 2019-20 season? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Carson Soucy is set to become a Group VI free agent next week, and teams are apparently chomping at the bit trying to sign him. [TSN]
Off the trail...
- Do you like Andrei Svechnikov? That’s cool. Doesn’t sound like he’ll ever play for the Wild, though. The Hurricanes are trying to lock him up long-term. [Sportsnet]
- Steven Stamkos should be good to go for the 2020-21 season, so that’s great news for the Lightning. [ESPN]
- Corey Pronman is a psychopath and wrote an entire seven-round mock draft. Not all heroes wear capes, folks. [The Athletic]
- It’s sounding like Oliver Ekman-Larsson could be on the move. One of the teams he will not be traded to, though, is the Oilers. Poor Edmonton.
Things are believed to be intensifying in Arizona on the OEL front, however, unless something changes, the Oilers have been told they’re not on the short list of teams OEL will waive his trade protection to go to.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 1, 2020
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more news and notes on the Wild.