- The Minnesota Wild wrapped up negotiations and signed star prospect Marco Rossi to his three-year entry-level contract. Now we just wait to see if he makes his NHL debut next season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- They weren’t stopped after Rossi on Friday, signing defenseman Louie Belpedio to a one-year, two-way contract. The blueliner has three NHL games under his belt. [Hockey Wilderness]
- One of the key storylines heading into this offseason was the goaltending situation in Minnesota. With Talbot signed and Stalock staying with the team, young netminder Kaapo Kahkonen is set to have another building season with Iowa. Despite that, Kahkonen will not let that get him down. [NHL dot com]
Off the trail...
- The Athletic’s Michael Russo covered all the bases in the latest update on the NHL’s plan on returning to play and eventually starting their 2020-21 regular season. Re-aligned divisions, playoff bubbles, shortened season, and more! [The Athletic]
- The Buffalo Sabres signed Sam Reinhart to a one-year deal, bridging the gap and getting him one more year to unrestricted free agency. The continuously underrated forward might get a significant raise playing with this new-look Buffalo team next year. [Die By The Blade]
- The Calgary Flames continue swallowing up every Vancouver Canucks free agent, and sign winger Josh Leivo to a one-year deal. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]